ADHD is a lifespan disorder that impacts many areas in the lives of individuals and families. Our passion is to educate patients, families and the public to provide a better understanding of the issues they face. Check this section regularly for updated information regarding ADHD resources and information or follow us on our facebook page, Twitter, Instagram accounts and blogs.
- The Hyperactive Child, Adolescent, and Adult
Paul H. Wender, M.D.
- Driven to Distraction
Recognizing and Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood through Adulthood
Edward M. Hallowell, M.D. and John J. Ratley, M.D.
- Power Parenting, Seven Guiding Principles for Creating a Healthy Family
Gary Barnard Ph.D.
- Understood.org (For Learning and Inattention Issues) – www.understood.org
- CHADD (Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder) – www.chadd.org
- Additude Magazine – www.additudemag.com
- Totally ADD – totallyadd.com
- Attention Deficit Disorder Association – www.add.org
- EpicWin (Iphone) Task Hammer (Android)
Problem: You find it difficult to meet goals.
How you use the app: EpicWin/Task Hammer is a cross between a digital organizer and a role-playing video game. You choose an avatar character that appeals to you, and then select a task that you want to accomplish. As tasks are completed, players pick up points, “treasures,” and money.
Benefits: Video-game elements appeal to the attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADD/ADHD) brain and motivate you to keep going.
- Task Timer (Android) (Great apps for kids & adults!)
Problem: You get distracted when doing a task.How you use the app: Pick a task, choose the completion time, and the app keeps you on track by showing time elapsed and time remaining. Include breaks and use the intermittent vibration reminder to help you stay on task.Benefits: You can customize Task Timer to your work preference — as a quick burst of activity or at a more leisurely pace.
- iRewardChart (Iphone) (Android)
Problem: Your child needs extra motivation to accomplish routine tasks.How to use the app: Input chores or behavior goals and track your child’s progress into iRewardChart over the course of the week. When your child completes an action, he/she earns a star toward a reward.Benefits: It offers children visual reinforcement of progress made — and rewards earned.
- My Job Chart (Iphone) (Android) (Great app for kids & adults!)
Problem: Your child needs extra motivation to accomplish routine tasks.How to use the app: Parents input chores for their kids and manage rewardsBenefits: A free, easy to use, online chore chart and reward system for organizing and motivating your kids to learn first-hand how to Save, Share and Spend responsibly.
- Evernote (Iphone) (Android) (Great app for adults!)
Problem: You can’t keep track of paper clutter.How to use the app: Evernote allows you to store text, photos, and audio notes on your device of choice. Create “notebooks” and categorize notes for recipes, an upcoming vacation, product research, to-do lists, and so on. Notes are tagged with geo-location for mapping or search.Benefits: Information is in one location, organized, and available through a simple search. Type in what you need and Evernote will find it for you.